Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Equally yoked?

There are many things in the Bible that may sound strange or you don't know what it means. For instance I didn't understand what being equally yoked meant. I had heard the expression but like a lot of other things I didn't understand it or how I was supposed to apply it to my life. I also don't  recall this being preached much, but it is an important element when it comes to who you align yourself with. Whether it's business, friendships or love.

Being equally yoked in my mind simply means like minded, especially in the area of your spiritual walk. Is this person going to benefit you or hinder you? If you are not equally yoked then one side is working harder than the other and you're not working together. You're struggling which will lead to strife and unhappiness.

How many relationships could be saved if this principal were understood and practiced more? Because if you enter into a relationship as equal partners in spiritual matters you will know how to compromise to solve problems by prayer and being led by the spirit who lives in your heart, rather than living with unresolved issues that will sow resentment and discord.

I think happy relationships are possible if you have the right tools and you know where to go to find peaceful resolutions. This is just a theory of mine and I have nothing but the word of God to substantiate it, but that's all I need to know that if it's in the Bible then it must be true. Look it up and let's read.

#equallyyoked #bible #read #christianmarriage #christianwalk #christianlife #pray #prayerlife #prayforyourspouse #prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment